Orlando, FL (May 10, 2018) – Just in time for Mother’s Day, Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies has launched a new pregnancy app, Hello Baby!, available for both Apple and Android devices. The app provides weekly updates on the growing baby, advice from medical experts and tools such as a kick counter and contraction timer. What makes the app unique are the elements specific to the experience at Winnie Palmer Hospital.
- Instead of coming in person, users can pre-register for their birth directly through the app.
- Parents can search for local OB-GYNs and pediatricians.
- Moms can develop their birth plan to provide to their medical team during delivery.
- The labor and delivery section details what parents can expect during their time at Winnie Palmer Hospital.
- A virtual tour gives parents a behind-the-scenes look inside the hospital.
- The discharge book given when parents leave the hospital is available digitally on the app.
Local OB-GYNs are encouraging their patients to download the app to help them prepare for their upcoming delivery. With an average of 14,000 births a year, Hello Baby! will be a valuable resource to the many expectant mothers who choose Winnie Palmer Hospital. The next update to the app will include a Spanish version.
ORLANDO HEALTH WINNIE PALMER HOSPITAL for WOMEN & BABIES
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, supported by the Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation, is a 350-bed facility dedicated exclusively to the needs of women and babies. The hospital includes comprehensive fetal diagnostics and labor and delivery services, a regional center for neonatal intensive care, maternal intensive care and women’s services. Annually, more than 14,000 babies are expected to be born at Winnie Palmer Hospital, making it the busiest labor and delivery unit in the state of Florida. To learn more, visit www.winniepalmerhospital.com.