Exceptional Care for Exceptional Babies
At Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, your littlest miracle is in the best hands. For more than 40 years, we’ve served the families of Central Florida, providing the highest level of care for newborns.
Our comprehensive neonatal services range from newborn hearing tests, breastfeeding support and parental education to one of the largest and most advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) in the United States.
Life-saving Care and Technology
Every day, our skilled physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists at the Alexander Center for Neonatology provide life-saving care for critically ill newborns, with one ultimate goal in mind: to help your baby thrive.
We are proud to operate one of the largest and most technologically advanced NICUs in the U.S. Our Level III NICU provides the highest level of care possible for high-risk newborns.
- More than 1,400 families trust the NICU each year, and more than 50,000 babies have been successfully treated since the unit opened in 1975.
- Our NICU consistently demonstrates the best outcomes in the state of Florida for low-birth-weight babies, with a 96 percent survival rate.
- Each year, 30-40 babies are referred from hospitals in Central Florida for our state-of-the-art ECMO treatment, which takes over the heart and lung function in seriously ill infants until they can heal.
Awards and Recognition
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer has been recognized on multiple levels for its excellence in perinatal and neonatal care:
- Recognized as an ECMO Center of Excellence
- First hospital in Orlando to earn Perinatal Care Certification
- Recipient of the NICU Beacon Award by the American Nursing Credentialing Center
- Ranked as one of the best Children’s Hospitals in Neonatology by U.S. News & World Report, 2014
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit can be reached at (407) 843-7878
It's' not just technology and great care that saves lives, it's the spirit of care, love, and passion of our neonatal team that save their lives.
Gregor Alexander, MD
Featured Neonatal Services
ECMO is a life-saving technology that takes over the heart and lung function of seriously ill babies, allowing them to heal.Learn More
The Wall of Miracles
The NICU at Winnie Palmer Hospital is home to the hallway filled with pictures called the "Wall of Miracles." We're excited to share that we are adding a new interactive display in the NICU to showcase all of the amazing children and families we've cared for through the years. If the NICU has impacted your family we're inviting you to upload photos to be included in the Wall of Miracles. Choose a few photos to share, add your child's name and the year they were in the NICU.
Support the Life-Giving Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
As a community-owned, not-for-profit hospital, Winnie Palmer Hospital relies on support from our community. We invite you to make a donation to support our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.